Anyone who says sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain. ~Author Unknown
”It may be doubted whether there are many other animals which have played so important a part in the history of the world as these lowly organised creatures” ~ Charles Darwin, about earthworms, in 1881 In the last few days, I have sent my some of my worms off to new homes. To be honest, I feel responsible [...]
My whole life has been spent waiting for an epiphany, a manifestation of God’s presence, the kind of transcendent, magical experience that let’s you see your place in the big picture. And that is what I had with my first compost heap. ~ Bette Midler I am already pretty good with the composting. I have [...]
The love of gardening is a seed once sown that never dies.~ Gertrude Jekyll For those of you that are newish to veggie gardening, it’s easy to be a little befuddled by the distinction between heirloom and hybrid seeds. So to try and clear things up, here’s the simplest explanation I could muster. Heirloom seeds have been [...]
One of the most delightful things about a garden is the anticipation it provides. ~W.E. Johns Most unusually for a garden blog, I have not planted anything these last few months. Just as I was going to rename my blog to something like “Rants-about-the-heat-and-drought” the seasons seemed to shift and the cool break has arrived. [...]
- A Simple Garden Goal for 2013 February 12, 2013
- My Great Bee (mis)Adventure… October 19, 2012
- Milk Bottle Garden Tools July 11, 2012
- My Urban Farming Investment December 3, 2012
- My Tomato Bender August 17, 2012
- melissabarnett: Hi Barb, so pleased you stopped by. I made a li...
- melissabarnett: Thanks Sian, and so pleased you found your new too...
- Barb: I have recently been given a beehive, with bees. ...
- Sian: What a great idea! Loved it so much, I decided to ...
- melissabarnett: It wouldn't surprise me if it closed. But as cr...
- 9 Lazy Steps to Create a Crappy Garden Centre.
- Stunning (Malabar) Spinach
- Olivia’s Lovely Limoncello
- 5 Hot Tips for Cool Chooks
- A Simple Garden Goal for 2013
- Happy New Lunar Year!
- Waste? Not! Compost…
- My Urban Farming Investment
- Before & After: My Front Garden Raised Beds
- Preparing for a Plant-A-Thon
- My Great Bee (mis)Adventure…
- Coop de Ville
- To Bee or Not To Bee?
- Taking a Spring Blog Break
- A Garden Heirloom
- Beautiful Beetroot.
- Recycled Potato Planter
- Aphids ATTACK!
- My Top 5 Edible Flowers for the Veggie Patch
- My Tomato Bender
Follow @@afarmofyourhome on Twitter