”When a child is locked in the bathroom with water running and he says he’s doing nothing but the dog is barking, call 911.” ~ Erma Bombeck Ahh, this week looked so promising on Monday. Sunshine predicted all week, I had most of my errands out of the way. I was primed for a weeks [...]
Always do sober what you said you’d do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut. ~ Ernest Hemingway My friend Sharon and I met almost 20 years ago over battered fish fillets while working the deep fat fryer at the Myer City Foodhall. We became almost instant friends. Our birthdays are close [...]
Can anything be sadder than work left unfinished? Yes, work never begun. ~ Christina Rossetti Last week, I took you on a tour of my Autumn Garden. I am so chuffed to see the parts of my garden that are planted up and doing well, but they contrast with some remaining disappointments. My big frontal turn [...]
The man who has planted a garden feels that he has done something for the good of the world. ~ Vita Sackville-West If you were wondering why I haven’t posted for a while, this week has been perfect garden weather. So I swapped the keyboard for the trowel. Lots of showers, punctuated with bursts of lovely [...]
They kill good trees to put out bad newspapers. ~James G. Watt For my birthday, the kids (Husband) chose for me an awesome piece of potty kit. I had seen them before, a little wooden thingy that makes newspaper into seedling pots. The one I have makes pots in three different sizes. It’s a fantastic little piece of [...]
“Regard it as just as desirable to build a chicken house as to build a cathedral.” ~ Frank Lloyd Wright 1867-1959 When I told Husband that I was starting to feel a bit clucky earlier in the week, he almost drove the car off the road in surprise. You see, we have three kids. That’s plenty [...]
“Pollution is nothing but the resources we are not harvesting. We allow them to disperse because we’ve been ignorant of their value.” ~ R. Buckminster Fuller* Today, My husband took the day off to help me celebrate my birthday. ”The day is yours my darling!” he exclaimed “I am at your beck and call. We [...]
- A Simple Garden Goal for 2013 February 12, 2013
- My Great Bee (mis)Adventure… October 19, 2012
- Milk Bottle Garden Tools July 11, 2012
- My Urban Farming Investment December 3, 2012
- My Tomato Bender August 17, 2012
- melissabarnett: Hi Barb, so pleased you stopped by. I made a li...
- melissabarnett: Thanks Sian, and so pleased you found your new too...
- Barb: I have recently been given a beehive, with bees. ...
- Sian: What a great idea! Loved it so much, I decided to ...
- melissabarnett: It wouldn't surprise me if it closed. But as cr...
- 9 Lazy Steps to Create a Crappy Garden Centre.
- Stunning (Malabar) Spinach
- Olivia’s Lovely Limoncello
- 5 Hot Tips for Cool Chooks
- A Simple Garden Goal for 2013
- Happy New Lunar Year!
- Waste? Not! Compost…
- My Urban Farming Investment
- Before & After: My Front Garden Raised Beds
- Preparing for a Plant-A-Thon
- My Great Bee (mis)Adventure…
- Coop de Ville
- To Bee or Not To Bee?
- Taking a Spring Blog Break
- A Garden Heirloom
- Beautiful Beetroot.
- Recycled Potato Planter
- Aphids ATTACK!
- My Top 5 Edible Flowers for the Veggie Patch
- My Tomato Bender
Follow @@afarmofyourhome on Twitter