“It takes a bee to get the honey out.” ~ Arthur Guiterman My last home was located near a large park. One day, while working out in the garden, I heard the most unusual noise. It was a magnificent humming sound….it was curiously low pitched and it was coming closer. I looked up and coming [...]
“To me a lush carpet of pine needles or spongy grass is more welcome than the most luxurious Persian rug.” ~ Helen Keller One of the fantastic things about having little kids is the opportunity to indulge in a bit of whimsy and revisit your own childhood fantasies. I remember when I was a little [...]
“Life is the chance to grow a soul.” ~ A. Powell Davis This last weekend, I found a most exceptional piece of furniture, although, outwardly, it looks fairly ordinary. It once held a library of knowledge, referenced by lots of little cards in all it’s 72 drawers. Then, for years, it has been holding nuts, [...]
“I would never do crack. I would never do a drug named after a part of my own arse, okay? ~ Denis Leary The last six years of my life has been spent in a bit of a sleep deprived haze. Thanks kids! The boffins reckon being overtired leaves you in a mental state [...]
“Falling in love is like eating mushrooms. You never know if it is the real thing until it is too late.” ~ Bill Balance I once bought a fantastic oyster mushroom kit from the Mystery Mushroom Man (I didn’t ask his name) at the Kalamumda markets. It was a small strawbale infused with spores that [...]
“One must ask the children and the birds how cherries and strawberries taste.” ~ Goethe I have quite a few free-range strawberries growing in the garden. Unfortunately for me, I don’t eat that many. If the ants, slaters of slugs don’t get them first, my own spawn usually gobble them up at first sight. [...]
“No matter how busy you think you are, you must find time for reading or surrender yourself to self chosen ignorance. ” ~ Confucius Having three little kids is like taking up permanent residence in a petri dish. As the latest flu virus was bitch-slapping my immune system, it was also pouring with rain, so [...]
- A Simple Garden Goal for 2013 February 12, 2013
- My Great Bee (mis)Adventure… October 19, 2012
- Milk Bottle Garden Tools July 11, 2012
- My Urban Farming Investment December 3, 2012
- My Tomato Bender August 17, 2012
- melissabarnett: Hi Barb, so pleased you stopped by. I made a li...
- melissabarnett: Thanks Sian, and so pleased you found your new too...
- Barb: I have recently been given a beehive, with bees. ...
- Sian: What a great idea! Loved it so much, I decided to ...
- melissabarnett: It wouldn't surprise me if it closed. But as cr...
- 9 Lazy Steps to Create a Crappy Garden Centre.
- Stunning (Malabar) Spinach
- Olivia’s Lovely Limoncello
- 5 Hot Tips for Cool Chooks
- A Simple Garden Goal for 2013
- Happy New Lunar Year!
- Waste? Not! Compost…
- My Urban Farming Investment
- Before & After: My Front Garden Raised Beds
- Preparing for a Plant-A-Thon
- My Great Bee (mis)Adventure…
- Coop de Ville
- To Bee or Not To Bee?
- Taking a Spring Blog Break
- A Garden Heirloom
- Beautiful Beetroot.
- Recycled Potato Planter
- Aphids ATTACK!
- My Top 5 Edible Flowers for the Veggie Patch
- My Tomato Bender
Follow @@afarmofyourhome on Twitter