“Dear Customer Service: First of all, you should know that I’m typing this with my middle finger.” ~ Anon
“It takes a lot of skill to be able to grow food sustainably. Its an art form. We need to raise agriculture up to another different level like they do in Europe where farmers are on the same level as engineers and doctors… because the food that we eat is the most important thing in [...]
“If you can’t be a good example, then you’ll just have to be a horrible warning.” ~ Catherine Aird
“Aphids are…they’re just awful little creatures!” ~Howard Hughes
There is no gardening without humility. Nature is constantly sending even its oldest scholars to the bottom of the class for some egregious blunder. ~ Alfred Austin
“Falling in love is like eating mushrooms. You never know if it is the real thing until it is too late.” ~ Bill Balance I once bought a fantastic oyster mushroom kit from the Mystery Mushroom Man (I didn’t ask his name) at the Kalamumda markets. It was a small strawbale infused with spores that [...]
”When a child is locked in the bathroom with water running and he says he’s doing nothing but the dog is barking, call 911.” ~ Erma Bombeck Ahh, this week looked so promising on Monday. Sunshine predicted all week, I had most of my errands out of the way. I was primed for a weeks [...]
- A Simple Garden Goal for 2013 February 12, 2013
- My Great Bee (mis)Adventure… October 19, 2012
- Milk Bottle Garden Tools July 11, 2012
- My Urban Farming Investment December 3, 2012
- My Tomato Bender August 17, 2012
- melissabarnett: Hi Barb, so pleased you stopped by. I made a li...
- melissabarnett: Thanks Sian, and so pleased you found your new too...
- Barb: I have recently been given a beehive, with bees. ...
- Sian: What a great idea! Loved it so much, I decided to ...
- melissabarnett: It wouldn't surprise me if it closed. But as cr...
- 9 Lazy Steps to Create a Crappy Garden Centre.
- Stunning (Malabar) Spinach
- Olivia’s Lovely Limoncello
- 5 Hot Tips for Cool Chooks
- A Simple Garden Goal for 2013
- Happy New Lunar Year!
- Waste? Not! Compost…
- My Urban Farming Investment
- Before & After: My Front Garden Raised Beds
- Preparing for a Plant-A-Thon
- My Great Bee (mis)Adventure…
- Coop de Ville
- To Bee or Not To Bee?
- Taking a Spring Blog Break
- A Garden Heirloom
- Beautiful Beetroot.
- Recycled Potato Planter
- Aphids ATTACK!
- My Top 5 Edible Flowers for the Veggie Patch
- My Tomato Bender
Follow @@afarmofyourhome on Twitter