“I don’t like spinach, and I’m glad I don’t, because if I liked it I’d eat it, and I just hate it.” ~ Clarence Darrow
“My only desire is an intimate infusion with nature, and the only fate I wish is to have worked and lived in harmony with her laws.” ~ Claude Monet
There is no gardening without humility. Nature is constantly sending even its oldest scholars to the bottom of the class for some egregious blunder. ~ Alfred Austin
I only feel angry when I see waste. When I see people throwing things away we could use. ~ Mother Theresa The school holidays are upon us and so far, it has been mainly lovely clear sunny weather, despite a bit of a chill about. But, two days into our break, my youngest little bloke [...]
“To me a lush carpet of pine needles or spongy grass is more welcome than the most luxurious Persian rug.” ~ Helen Keller One of the fantastic things about having little kids is the opportunity to indulge in a bit of whimsy and revisit your own childhood fantasies. I remember when I was a little [...]
“Watermelon — it’s a good fruit. You eat, you drink, you wash your face.” ~ Enrico Caruso At our local playgroup, we each bring a piece of fruit on a Wednesday mornings for a snack. The curious thing is, even kids that generally turn their nose up to fruit, will jump onto a fruit platter with all [...]
They kill good trees to put out bad newspapers. ~James G. Watt For my birthday, the kids (Husband) chose for me an awesome piece of potty kit. I had seen them before, a little wooden thingy that makes newspaper into seedling pots. The one I have makes pots in three different sizes. It’s a fantastic little piece of [...]
- A Simple Garden Goal for 2013 February 12, 2013
- My Great Bee (mis)Adventure… October 19, 2012
- Milk Bottle Garden Tools July 11, 2012
- My Urban Farming Investment December 3, 2012
- My Tomato Bender August 17, 2012
- melissabarnett: Hi Barb, so pleased you stopped by. I made a li...
- melissabarnett: Thanks Sian, and so pleased you found your new too...
- Barb: I have recently been given a beehive, with bees. ...
- Sian: What a great idea! Loved it so much, I decided to ...
- melissabarnett: It wouldn't surprise me if it closed. But as cr...
- 9 Lazy Steps to Create a Crappy Garden Centre.
- Stunning (Malabar) Spinach
- Olivia’s Lovely Limoncello
- 5 Hot Tips for Cool Chooks
- A Simple Garden Goal for 2013
- Happy New Lunar Year!
- Waste? Not! Compost…
- My Urban Farming Investment
- Before & After: My Front Garden Raised Beds
- Preparing for a Plant-A-Thon
- My Great Bee (mis)Adventure…
- Coop de Ville
- To Bee or Not To Bee?
- Taking a Spring Blog Break
- A Garden Heirloom
- Beautiful Beetroot.
- Recycled Potato Planter
- Aphids ATTACK!
- My Top 5 Edible Flowers for the Veggie Patch
- My Tomato Bender
Follow @@afarmofyourhome on Twitter