There is no gardening without humility. Nature is constantly sending even its oldest scholars to the bottom of the class for some egregious blunder. ~ Alfred Austin
“Joy is a flower that blooms when you do”. – Unknown Yesterday, I had a glorious, uninterrupted, full day in the garden. I ticked every item off my to-do list and even managed an extra load of tasks. But, the reason why this was possible was not so happy. Husband was laid up with a [...]
“In Beverly Hills, they don’t throw their garbage away, they make it into television shows. ~ Woody Allen I was driving home from my morning school run when I noticed it on the side of the road. It was an abandoned, presumably broken, electric chandelier. To be fair, it wasn’t really fancy. No crystal [...]
One of the most delightful things about a garden is the anticipation it provides. ~W.E. Johns Most unusually for a garden blog, I have not planted anything these last few months. Just as I was going to rename my blog to something like “Rants-about-the-heat-and-drought” the seasons seemed to shift and the cool break has arrived. [...]
Every 9 months or so our local council has a kerb collection. For those of you not familiar with this practice, it’s the opportunity for every house in the street to bring out all our un-wanted, un-donateable, un-sellable crap and park it on our front verges. It is then collected by tag teams of bobcats [...]
- A Simple Garden Goal for 2013 February 12, 2013
- My Great Bee (mis)Adventure… October 19, 2012
- Milk Bottle Garden Tools July 11, 2012
- My Urban Farming Investment December 3, 2012
- My Tomato Bender August 17, 2012
- melissabarnett: Hi Barb, so pleased you stopped by. I made a li...
- melissabarnett: Thanks Sian, and so pleased you found your new too...
- Barb: I have recently been given a beehive, with bees. ...
- Sian: What a great idea! Loved it so much, I decided to ...
- melissabarnett: It wouldn't surprise me if it closed. But as cr...
- 9 Lazy Steps to Create a Crappy Garden Centre.
- Stunning (Malabar) Spinach
- Olivia’s Lovely Limoncello
- 5 Hot Tips for Cool Chooks
- A Simple Garden Goal for 2013
- Happy New Lunar Year!
- Waste? Not! Compost…
- My Urban Farming Investment
- Before & After: My Front Garden Raised Beds
- Preparing for a Plant-A-Thon
- My Great Bee (mis)Adventure…
- Coop de Ville
- To Bee or Not To Bee?
- Taking a Spring Blog Break
- A Garden Heirloom
- Beautiful Beetroot.
- Recycled Potato Planter
- Aphids ATTACK!
- My Top 5 Edible Flowers for the Veggie Patch
- My Tomato Bender
Follow @@afarmofyourhome on Twitter