“When the weather is hot, keep a cool mind.” ~ Ajahn Brahm
It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen that lays the eggs. ~ Margaret Thatcher
“In the spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt.” ~ Margaret Atwood
“Regard it as just as desirable to build a chicken house as to build a cathedral.” ~ Frank Lloyd Wright 1867-1959 When I told Husband that I was starting to feel a bit clucky earlier in the week, he almost drove the car off the road in surprise. You see, we have three kids. That’s plenty [...]
A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing. ~ George Bernard Shaw (1856 – 1950) Since this Summer was awash with some pretty spectacular failings, I thought sharing them with you would help your learning curve too. You more experienced gardeners can quietly cluck-cluck [...]
The fairest thing in nature, a flower, still has its roots in earth and manure. ~ David Herbert Lawrence. Living near the beach is lovely. You don’t have far to go for a refreshing dip. The sea breeze is always at your house first on a hot day. The downside? Sand. After Veggie Patch Armageddon, [...]
- A Simple Garden Goal for 2013 February 12, 2013
- My Great Bee (mis)Adventure… October 19, 2012
- Milk Bottle Garden Tools July 11, 2012
- My Urban Farming Investment December 3, 2012
- My Tomato Bender August 17, 2012
- melissabarnett: Hi Barb, so pleased you stopped by. I made a li...
- melissabarnett: Thanks Sian, and so pleased you found your new too...
- Barb: I have recently been given a beehive, with bees. ...
- Sian: What a great idea! Loved it so much, I decided to ...
- melissabarnett: It wouldn't surprise me if it closed. But as cr...
- 9 Lazy Steps to Create a Crappy Garden Centre.
- Stunning (Malabar) Spinach
- Olivia’s Lovely Limoncello
- 5 Hot Tips for Cool Chooks
- A Simple Garden Goal for 2013
- Happy New Lunar Year!
- Waste? Not! Compost…
- My Urban Farming Investment
- Before & After: My Front Garden Raised Beds
- Preparing for a Plant-A-Thon
- My Great Bee (mis)Adventure…
- Coop de Ville
- To Bee or Not To Bee?
- Taking a Spring Blog Break
- A Garden Heirloom
- Beautiful Beetroot.
- Recycled Potato Planter
- Aphids ATTACK!
- My Top 5 Edible Flowers for the Veggie Patch
- My Tomato Bender
Follow @@afarmofyourhome on Twitter