“I don’t like spinach, and I’m glad I don’t, because if I liked it I’d eat it, and I just hate it.” ~ Clarence Darrow
“It takes a lot of skill to be able to grow food sustainably. Its an art form. We need to raise agriculture up to another different level like they do in Europe where farmers are on the same level as engineers and doctors… because the food that we eat is the most important thing in [...]
There is no gardening without humility. Nature is constantly sending even its oldest scholars to the bottom of the class for some egregious blunder. ~ Alfred Austin
“One must ask the children and the birds how cherries and strawberries taste.” ~ Goethe I have quite a few free-range strawberries growing in the garden. Unfortunately for me, I don’t eat that many. If the ants, slaters of slugs don’t get them first, my own spawn usually gobble them up at first sight. [...]
“Pollution is nothing but the resources we are not harvesting. We allow them to disperse because we’ve been ignorant of their value.” ~ R. Buckminster Fuller* Today, My husband took the day off to help me celebrate my birthday. ”The day is yours my darling!” he exclaimed “I am at your beck and call. We [...]
I love Terrain. Just to be clear, I am not an affiliate, just a fan. I have never actually been to their physical site, just visited online. It’s just so beautiful, elegant and sophisticated. Posh. I am always envious of climates that seem to have enough rain to make everything look so lush and green. [...]
“We must start to see waste as a resource” ~ Ben Bradshaw One of my favourite places to escape online is to Terrain. I needed a trellis for the centre of my middle raised bed. The one I found on Terrain was rustic and perfect for my needs. At $78 dollars, it wasn’t cheap, but [...]
- A Simple Garden Goal for 2013 February 12, 2013
- My Great Bee (mis)Adventure… October 19, 2012
- Milk Bottle Garden Tools July 11, 2012
- My Urban Farming Investment December 3, 2012
- My Tomato Bender August 17, 2012
- melissabarnett: Hi Barb, so pleased you stopped by. I made a li...
- melissabarnett: Thanks Sian, and so pleased you found your new too...
- Barb: I have recently been given a beehive, with bees. ...
- Sian: What a great idea! Loved it so much, I decided to ...
- melissabarnett: It wouldn't surprise me if it closed. But as cr...
- 9 Lazy Steps to Create a Crappy Garden Centre.
- Stunning (Malabar) Spinach
- Olivia’s Lovely Limoncello
- 5 Hot Tips for Cool Chooks
- A Simple Garden Goal for 2013
- Happy New Lunar Year!
- Waste? Not! Compost…
- My Urban Farming Investment
- Before & After: My Front Garden Raised Beds
- Preparing for a Plant-A-Thon
- My Great Bee (mis)Adventure…
- Coop de Ville
- To Bee or Not To Bee?
- Taking a Spring Blog Break
- A Garden Heirloom
- Beautiful Beetroot.
- Recycled Potato Planter
- Aphids ATTACK!
- My Top 5 Edible Flowers for the Veggie Patch
- My Tomato Bender
Follow @@afarmofyourhome on Twitter