‘Gardening is about enjoying the smell of things growing in the soil, getting dirty without feeling guilty, and generally taking the time to soak up a little peace and serenity.’ ~Lindley Karstens
Spring is nature’s way of saying “Let’s Party!” ~ Robin Williams
“Joy is a flower that blooms when you do”. – Unknown Yesterday, I had a glorious, uninterrupted, full day in the garden. I ticked every item off my to-do list and even managed an extra load of tasks. But, the reason why this was possible was not so happy. Husband was laid up with a [...]
The man who has planted a garden feels that he has done something for the good of the world. ~ Vita Sackville-West If you were wondering why I haven’t posted for a while, this week has been perfect garden weather. So I swapped the keyboard for the trowel. Lots of showers, punctuated with bursts of lovely [...]
“If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?” Steve Wright. I was in the kitchen whizzing up a batch of worm breakfast when I heard the news. “…and those in Perth are up for a new summer record! 7 days of over 38 degrees. It’s going to be the hottest week since 1965. [...]
Each time I turn over a garden bed and prepare it for new visitors, I revitalize my pretty meager soil with the contents of my compost barrels and worm casings. As the new plants are bedded in, the watering starts and so do the surprises! Where I last had beans, I am now growing watermelons [...]
- A Simple Garden Goal for 2013 February 12, 2013
- My Great Bee (mis)Adventure… October 19, 2012
- Milk Bottle Garden Tools July 11, 2012
- My Urban Farming Investment December 3, 2012
- My Tomato Bender August 17, 2012
- melissabarnett: Hi Barb, so pleased you stopped by. I made a li...
- melissabarnett: Thanks Sian, and so pleased you found your new too...
- Barb: I have recently been given a beehive, with bees. ...
- Sian: What a great idea! Loved it so much, I decided to ...
- melissabarnett: It wouldn't surprise me if it closed. But as cr...
- 9 Lazy Steps to Create a Crappy Garden Centre.
- Stunning (Malabar) Spinach
- Olivia’s Lovely Limoncello
- 5 Hot Tips for Cool Chooks
- A Simple Garden Goal for 2013
- Happy New Lunar Year!
- Waste? Not! Compost…
- My Urban Farming Investment
- Before & After: My Front Garden Raised Beds
- Preparing for a Plant-A-Thon
- My Great Bee (mis)Adventure…
- Coop de Ville
- To Bee or Not To Bee?
- Taking a Spring Blog Break
- A Garden Heirloom
- Beautiful Beetroot.
- Recycled Potato Planter
- Aphids ATTACK!
- My Top 5 Edible Flowers for the Veggie Patch
- My Tomato Bender
Follow @@afarmofyourhome on Twitter